Sat, Nov 19|
Children's Grief Awareness Day / Bingo Bonanza Event!
Bingo, Raffles, Remembrance and much more!
Time & Location
Nov 19, 2022, 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM EST
Hicksville, Levittown Hall, 201 Levittown Pkwy, Hicksville, NY 11801, USA
About the event
Camp Good Mourning's! 1st Annual Children's Grief Awareness Day / Bingo Bonanza Event has 5 purposes:
1. Raise awareness that:
• 1 in 7 Americans experience the death of a parent and/or sibling by the age of 20
• Over 200,000 children expereinced the death of a parent or caregiver due to COVID
• 92% of educators believe that childhood grief is a serious problem that deserves more attention in schools
2. Enjoy a fun-filled afternoon with friends, family and colleagues
3. Gather as a community to provide children (or an adult who has also experienced the death of a loved one at a young age) with support and an opportunity to honor their loved ones during a very special ceremony.
4. Assist children in recognizing that they are not alone.
5. Raise funding to send grieving Long Island children, ages 7 - 17, to Camp Good Mourning's! bi-annual bereavement camps